A new Portal from Janet, AWS and Arcus Global.
A new Portal for higher education and research. Arcus are proud to be part of the launch of a new Portal that enables users in the Janet community to procure AWS cloud services with new, additional benefits. The Portal provides a coherent admins facility and offers:
- monthly invoicing (no credit cards required for payment)
- itemized billing, consolidated across users/departments
- billing in GBP, not dollars
- the ability to set spending-limits per user, or by department
- volume-discounts through aggregation across multiple HE institutions
You can watch a webinar about the new Portal here where you will hear a short overview of AWS technologies, and how they are being used by universities, researchers and schools around the world to reduce costs, shorten academic projects, and increase the speed and impact of research. You will also find how to sign up for an account on the Portal.
The webinar is aimed at any user in the Janet community (in HE, FE or schools) with an interest in AWS (whether or not an existing AWS user), and at System Administrators who could act as central points of contact for consolidated, multi-user billing.